If you’re a merchant using Adobe’s Magento ecommerce development services, you can look forward to a slew of new features on the platform, offered in both Commerce and Open Source editions. Magento 2.4.3 – the latest version released on 10 August, 2021 – brings with it over 370 changes to the core code, solutions to more than 290 GitHub issues, and 33 new security enhancements that can revolutionize the way you do business on the platform.
Sure, it sounds like a lot of changes to take in. But to make it simpler and more actionable for you, we’ve narrowed down to five major changes that can benefit you. So don’t worry about going through the long and complex release notes and read on to find out everything you need to know about the revamped Magento development company.
1. Cutting-edge security features
One notable change in the Magento ecommerce development services is the substantial enhancement of security measures. The 33 security fixes will close vulnerabilities associated with remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting. What’s more, these improvements also align with the latest best practices in security, including these features.
- Rate-limiting feature: APIs on Magento will have this new built-in feature to prevent denial-of-service (DoS) attacks and impose restrictions on the size of Web APIs’ resources
- ReCAPTCHA: Primarily responsible for protecting your ecommerce store from spam attacks, ReCAPTCHA’s coverage will be expanded to HTML pages of Web APIs to improve security. While disabled by default, you can enable and integrate it through your admin account for your order and checkout pages
- Composer plug-in: Magento’s new plug-in will help you minimize confusion in public package repositories by identifying harmful packages carrying the same names as other internal packages. The plug-in can also be used for extension quality program inspections
2. Enhanced, feature-rich infrastructure
Included in the Magento web development services are several improvements in the overall quality of the framework and functionalities. This includes enhancements in customer accounts, catalogs, CMS, OMS, promotions and targeting, import and export, cart and checkout, staging and preview, and B2B functions.
If you use PayPal as your primary payment gateway, you can make use of Magento’s latest upgrade – the PayPal Pay Later option – through which shoppers can choose to pay for their orders in bi-weekly payments. For other payment gateways, you can still facilitate partial payments or EMIs through a separate extension. Both of these features can be absolute boons for your store as it lowers the entry barrier of pricing and in turn, drives more sales.
3. Platform and compatibility improvements
A commonly observed gap with Magento website development services is the lack of total compatibility with PHP 8 and its newer versions. The latest platform enhancements however can bridge this gap to some extent. The core composer dependencies as well as third party libraries have been upgraded to the latest versions that are compatible with PHP 8 and other newer versions. Here are a few more significant updates that you should know about:
- The KnockoutJS library is upgraded to its latest version – 3.5.1
- The TinyMCE v3 library, Magento_Tinymce3Banner module, and the MFTF tests related to TinyMCE v3.x have all been removed from Adobe Commerce
- The Magento 2.4.3 upgrade is tested and proved compatible with Redis 6.0.12
- The Laminas library dependencies is upgraded to PHP 8
- The composer.json file is now updated and redundant dependencies have been removed
4. Performance optimization
In its latest upgrade, Magento development company has focused on reducing indexation time for product price and catalog rule indexers. What’s more, ecommerce merchants can also omit a website or a shared catalog from specific customer groups, thereby reducing the number of records and improving indexing time.
5. Live Search
The Live Search feature available in the Commerce version is powered by Adobe Sensei, which uses AI and machine learning to help you better understand and examine your customers. This supposedly invisible yet powerful feature comes at no extra cost and focuses on a customer’s search experience by improving speed, relevance, and ease of use.
The ‘search as you type’ feature includes a drop down or pop over box that displays product links and images automatically, returning results on as few as two characters. This allows shoppers to find products with minimal effort. It also offers a ‘view all’ link in the drop down bar. That’s not all, Live Search accommodates search with synonyms and offers multiple filter options, using various attributes values in the search criteria.
Get on the Magento train with the experts With the latest features and upgrades offered through the Magento web development services, ecommerce merchants can drastically improve the security, performance, and overall shopping experience of their online platform. And if you’re keen to make the best of this platform for your business, reach out to our experts today!